Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Personality Reflection


After taking the MBTI test I learned I was an ESFJ, it all made senses to me. ESFJ are extroverted, sensing, feeling, and judging type people. These people are very warm, sensitive, and really care about others and usually would try to provide for them if their in need. This stuck out to me because I find myself doing this a lot. I even set aside my own priorities because it means a lot for me to send that message to my friends and family saying that I'm a guy willing to support you in any way I can. Another trait I learned ESFJ's carry is seeking for harmony. This also defines me because I hate dealing with tension, I'd just rather call it truce than to engage in any debate or argument. While learning about ESFJ's personality types they really described us as interacting people, but we tend to fade away if the discussion gets on abstract or theoretical topics. Making conversation with people is something I love to do but theoretical discussions is not one of my strengths. I just feel like the topic will instantly turn into a debate and I am not a good debater.



The true colors assessment really hit dead on as well. My color was orange and these type of people are really outgoing, they hate silence, learn by being active, are full of energy, and seek things that are intense and full experience. I love exploring new things and being active. For example I can not stay in my dorm for no longer than an hour, I have to be outside either visiting a new building on campus or going to check out an organization. I just feel like campus is filled with so many new adventures that I'd like to be a part of. Silence is a cruel thing as well, whether I'm doing homework or sleeping I need some type of music on to help me just relax and focus. People with the color orange maybe thought of to not take situations serious at times, but the truth is we just like to find the positive features in everything. This helps us relax and enjoy life a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment