Wednesday, September 25, 2013

My Purpose


1. Think about your gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, special abilities or disabilities, age, socioeconomic status, religion, birth order and any other influences that come to mind. How have these factors influenced your personality and learning preferences?

The one major thing that influenced my personality was me being the younger sibling. As a kid my brother gained a lot of attention because he was such a nerd and was accepted into this scholar program and that was a big deal for my family. After that I sort of became jealous and wanted some of the spotlight to, which was then the era where I tried to show off in front of my family any chance I got. I'd try singing, dancing, telling jokes, anything that'll make people notice me. This is when I began creating an outgoing personality for myself because I love making people smile, it's such a good feeling. It got to the point where I wasn't even in the mindset where I wanted the spotlight, it just became a part of who I am. One thing that influenced my learning preference was my socioeconomic status. Growing up me and my family didn't have a lot so my mother taught me the importance appreciating everything I was given. Just seeing people live incredible lives on T.V. and comparing it to mines made me want to better myself and that's what I did. I took my education more serious than a lot more students I went to school with because I refused to end up on the streets. Even though I wasn't granted the best education going to a public school in Cleveland, I took as much as I could get from what was offered at my school. I guess it must have paid of if I'm now at The Ohio State University on a full-ride scholarship... Oh yea and I also got accepted into the same Scholars program my brother got accepted to, just a little brother rivalry me and him always had.




2. Write your own personal mission statement. What is your purpose in life? What values are important to you? What do you want to be? What attributes and capabilities are important to you?

My mission is to make sure that I spread the importance of being who you truly want to be and chasing after your dreams to the next generations to come. Sharing the values of dedication, sacrifice, honesty, family, and having an imagination, which are values that mean the most to me. I'd like to be a musician that spreads a positive image, someone who people can look up to and better themselves just from the messages I give in my songs. The capability of knowing who your support system is and using them for all of the right reasons is important to me. You may not always feel 100% about yourself but if you stick by your support system they'll always remind you of the good your capable of doing. An attribute that is also important to me is having self-awareness. One thing I always tell myself is to make sure no matter what type of goals I succeed in life that I'll always stay true to who I am. Always expressing my inner feelings and making sure that no matter what situation I get myself involved in I stand my beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment